Update: I’m ready to start receiving your submissions. Please note there is a great deal of response already. The submissions may be referred to Everipedia for publication, as it could be the best. I’ll keep you posted. Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you see bias, slant and fact errors on a Wikipedia page that involves you or a topic you care about?
Are Wikipedia’s agenda editors keeping you from making edits to correct disinformation and false information?
I’m pleased to announced the Wikipedia Correction Project, or WCP.
It’s an informal way to invite people to correct or explain alleged bias and fact errors on Wikipedia pages.
The goal is to make additional information that is censored on Wikipedia available elsewhere. Consumers will have the opportunity to compare versions of the information, if they wish, and make up their own mind.
How can you take part in the Wikipedia Correction Project?
Submit one of the following:
- An entire Wikipedia-style page you’re written on a biography or topic.
- A section or sections that include(s) only the material that’s been excluded from Wikipedia.
- Note: You may include explanation(s) as to what you believe is incorrect or unfair about the Wikipedia page in question, and attempts to amend it; but you do not have to.
Rules, to begin with, are simple. Your submission serves as your agreement to follow them:
- Be factual.
- Be kind.
- Opinions must be attributed to the writer or another source to be included.
- Hateful, slanderous or inciteful material will not be considered.
- “Conspiracy Theory,” “fringe,” or other material will not be considered at this stage, as I do not have the infrastructure to properly handle it.
- I retain all rights to make edits or not publish submitted material at all.
- Like Wikipedia, the published information should not presumed to be independently verified; it is intended to serve as an additional resource of opinions and alleged facts to counterbalance the censorship and shaping taking place on Wikipedia.
- You must include your real name and contact information (see below).
- Please be patient. You may not receive a reply upon submission. Publication of material will likely begin later this summer.
Where to email your submission:
Email your submission starting July 10 to info@SharylAttkisson.com with “Wikipedia Correction Project” in the subject title to be considered for publication as a reference for Internet users. You must include your real name, phone number and address. Your name will be published, but your personal information will be kept private and is for verification purposes only.
If you’re interested in creating a suggested, (free) logo design for the Wikipedia Correction Project, submit it to email above with your contact information.
This project will be as big or little as the response to it.
A nod to Wikipedia’s many terrific, hard working and well-meaning volunteer editors. They are simply outmatched, at times, by the powerful volunteer “agenda” editors often working on behalf of cloaked or paid interests.