The New York Medical Examiner has ruled Jeffrey's Epstein's death to be a suicide by hanging.
That determination came today. Epstein's suicide was first reported Saturday.
Epstein, a convicted sex offender, faced, new charges of sex trafficking involving underaged girls.
It's been reported two prison guards have been suspended and a warden reassigned amid an investigation into how Epstein could have managed to commit suicide while under supervision.
Many conspiracy theories about Epstein's death have been circulating. Here are the top five:
- Powerful people arranged for Epstein to be murdered in his cell to prevent him from revealing blackmail information.
- Other inmates executed a plan to murder Epstein because he was accused of trafficking children for sex, and that's unforgivable even among hardened criminals.
- The feds staged Epstein's suicide and spirited him away for his own protection. He is actually in a secret witness protection program and will reappear later to testify against famous and powerful people.
- Powerful, corrupt people broke out Epstein. He has changed his identity and will never been seen in public again.
- The purported photo of Epstein being wheeled into the hospital is actually a photo of the deceased celebrity Anthony Bourdain.
The Medical Examiner's official findings are not necessarily going to quell the rumors. Shortly after the conclusion was announced, Epstein's lawyers indicated they did not accept it. They said they intend to launch their own investigation and "are prepared to sue to obtain surveillance video of the area near the accused sex trafficker’s cell at the time of his death."
We are not satisfied with the conclusions.Epstein attorneys Martin G. Weinberg, Reid Weingarten and Michael Miller
Read more about the Medical Examiner's findings on Epstein's death and his attorneys' response by clicking the link below: