The following is an excerpt from an article in the UK's Daily Mail.
Rayshard Brooks' girlfriend, 29, is arrested for 'setting fire to the Wendy's' where he was shot dead by cops
- Moments before he was killed, Brooks told cops he was meeting his 'girlfriend' who he said was called 'Natalie White'
- He was married and had three children with his wife Tomika Miller
- Cops earlier issued an arrest warrant for a white woman called Natalie White who they said was caught setting fire to the Wendy's where he died
- On Tuesday, White, 29, handed herself in to police
- Her attorney told DailyMail.com that she and Brooks were 'close friends'
- He declined to give further details out of respect to Brooks' wife and kids
- They laid him to rest in a funeral at the same time as White surrendered herself
Rayshard Brooks girlfriend has been arrested on suspicion of setting fire to the Wendy's where he was shot dead by cops on June 12.
Natalie White, 29, was taken into custody in Atlanta, Georgia, on Tuesday afternoon after handing herself into the authorities.
Police issued an arrest warrant for her on June 20 and shared surveillance footage of her inside a store.
They claim she is partly to blame for setting fire to the fast food restaurant on June 13 where Brooks was shot dead by Officer Garrett Rolfe after falling asleep at the wheel of his car in the drive-thru lane a day earlier.
Brooks was married but on the night of his death, while talking to police, he told them he was at Wendy's to pick up food for him and his 'girlfriend', 'Natalie White'.
White's attorney Drew Findling confirmed to DailyMail.com on Tuesday that they were 'very close' but declined to share more details of their relationship out of respect to Brooks' wife, Tomika Miller, who was grieving him at his funeral while White was taken into custody.
Read the rest of the article by clicking the link below: