The following has been issued by CDC.
The following recommendations apply to non-healthcare settings.
Fully vaccinated people can:
- Visit with other fully vaccinated people indoors without wearing masks or physical distancing
- Visit with unvaccinated people from a single household who are at low risk for severe COVID-19 disease indoors without wearing masks or physical distancing
- Refrain from quarantine and testing following a known exposure if asymptomatic
For now, fully vaccinated people should continue to:
- Take precautions in public like wearing a well-fitted mask and physical distancing
- Wear masks, practice physical distancing, and adhere to other prevention measures when visiting with unvaccinated people who are at increased risk for severe COVID-19 disease or who have an unvaccinated household member who is at increased risk for severe COVID-19 disease
- Wear masks, maintain physical distance, and practice other prevention measures when visiting with unvaccinated people from multiple households
- Avoid medium- and large-sized in-person gatherings
- Get tested if experiencing COVID-19 symptoms
- Follow guidance issued by individual employers
- Follow CDC and health department travel requirements and recommendations
Read details at the link below.
Boris Komrovsky says
But the CDC just published a study saying mask wearing has a statistically insignificant impact on Covid spread. So where is the science in these recommendations?
Robert Sparsid says
Perhaps from the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, January 2021.
"Our review of the literature offers evidence in favor of widespread mask use as source control to reduce community transmission: Nonmedical masks use materials that obstruct particles of the necessary size; people are most infectious in the initial period postinfection, where it is common to have few or no symptoms (45, 46, 141); nonmedical masks have been effective in reducing transmission of respiratory viruses; and places and time periods where mask usage is required or widespread have shown substantially lower community transmission."
So it seems you are saying the vaccine does not work, if there are unvacitated people are around. Correct or not. If so how many fell for this bullshit? Really it works or it does not. Which is ir?
Laura Legere says
My thoughts exactly. I was hiking with a group and one told my friend to stay away from her since he is not vaccinated and not planning on it. I asked her if she was vaccinated and she said yes and I said you should not be worried about unvaccinated people since you are vaccinated. People have lost their marbles over this. My Mom used to have the same conversation with her doctor every visit. He would ask her about getting a flu shot and she would say if everyone is vaccinated then I don't need one.
Layton Haley says
Thank you for your investigative journalism. We love your articles and hard work and praying for you as we follow you on Twitter and RT
Oregon Conservative says
What a joke. Typical fear-driven leftists; we must all cower in fear, because with that "killer" 1% mortality rate, COVID19 is just as bad as the Black Plague right? Infection = instant death.
Christopher Strickland says
So are they saying the vaccine doesn't work?
Whatami Missing says
I tried following the CDC "logic" in theory. It's impossible to follow.
"Get the vaccine" they say. Then they dictate that virtually nothing in your life should deviate from the CDC guidelines for unvaccinated people.
"Wear a mask" they say. Then their own study shows that mask mandates have shifted the needle of effectiveness against covid by roughly 1%, within the margin of error of said study.
"Trust the science" they say. Then 15 scientists sign a Pfizer study promoted by the CDC pushing "consistent high efficacy" of the vaccine for people who have had covid. CDC sticks by the falsehood.
Yes, it's science. Unfortunately, it's the other sciences. Junk and Pseudo.
Thanks for your great reporting Sharyl.
Gene Snyder says
I find it difficult to believe anything the CDC says anymore.
F. Fox says
The elites won't be satisfied until they have a full-on rancher/cattle relationship with us.
The name says it all the Centers for Disease Control. Freedom is the disease they are trying to control.
Does the CDC mean the movies Contagion and Andromeda Strain were actually documentaries? Who knew. It is the Zombie Apocalypse after all, since nothing helps but we still must do everything.
For another perspective: parallels between the Great HIV Epidemic and the Great COVID Epidemic. Trust, but verify: data, time and science are your friend.
Tim Wedding says
I think I'll go with the original advise provided in the 1st Amendment:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.