U.S. Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.) has written multiple letters to several officials asking questions about circumstances and events surrounding the January 6, 2021 joint session of Congress that was disrupted by rioters after a pro-Trump rally.
The questions raised by Sen. Johnson include:
- Please describe the security of the Capitol building at the beginning of the joint session, including:
- The number of law enforcement officers that manned the east and west fronts of the Capitol, the Capitol entrances, and the interior of the Capitol building, were fully outfitted with riot gear, were partially outfitted with riot gear, and had no protective or riot gear.
- How many firearms were seen or confiscated from individuals inside or on the Capitol grounds on January 6?
- What groups were involved in planning or coordinating the breach of the Capitol?
- How many members of those groups were involved in the breach?
- Is the USCP fully complying with requests for records from the USCP Office of Inspector General?
Sen. Johnson says many of his previous questions to officials have gone unanswered.
Click the links below to view Senator Johnson's letters written to various officials and agencies, including Acting Attorney General Monty Wilkinson, Acting U. S. Capitol Chief of Police Yogananda D. Pittman, and Christopher Wray, Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigations: