You may know that an historic, Republican-led audit is underway of 2.1 million 2020 election ballots from Maricopa County, Arizona.
Here are ten interesting takeaways:
- No matter what the results are, organizers say they will not impact 2020 election results; the audit is to identify areas where improvement may be needed.
- There is no deadline for the audit to be completed. Organizers say it will take weeks.
- Democrats have made multiple attempts to stop the audit but have, so fair, failed in court.
- Organizers say they are looking for watermarks on ballots, but not because watermarks should appear: they say watermarks should not appear.
- Organizers say they are not authorized to release any of their findings along the way.
- Arizona is one of several important states where Donald Trump enjoyed an initial lead, only to have it disappear as questioned mail-in, dropbox, and absentee votes were counted.
- The vast majority of votes cast in Arizona, 2.1 million of nearly 3.4 million ballots, were cast in one county: Maricopa.
- According to the official tally, Biden beat Trump by 10,457 votes, or 0.3 percent.
- Over 70,000 more people voted in Maricopa County in 2020 than in 2016.
- Biden is only the second Democrat to win Arizona in 70 years.
Watch the Gateway Pundit's interview with Arizona Audit Director Ken Bennett below: