- Approximately 674,000 federal workers and military troops have refused to get a first dose of Covid-19 vaccine, despite orders
- The actual number of noncompliant federal workers and troops is higher
- The government is exaggerating the appearance of compliance by grouping those who got just one out of two or three recommended shots in with the "fully vaccinated"
- The federal government is not immediately terminating noncompliant employees
The vast majority of federal employees and military troops are reported to have followed orders and gotten at least one Covid-19 vaccine shot.
But Biden Administration reports accentuate the positive regarding Covid-19 vaccination among federal employees and exaggerating the appearance of compliance.
An analysis of the reported data reveals at least hundreds of thousands in the federal work force and military are not going along with the vaccine mandate.
According to numbers released by the White House, about 8% of the 3.5 million person federal workforce, or 280,000 people, haven't received a first dose of a Covid-19 vaccine.
Among them, 157,500 have reportedly requested an exemption.
The true number of non-compliant employees is even higher than 280,000, but the government hasn't publicly revealed that figure. Instead, it is lumping together those who have only had one dose of vaccine with those who have had two doses. The grouping of those not "fully vaccinated" with those who have received two or more doses is confusing, since a single shot of Pfizer or Moderna vaccines is not considered protective against Covid.
Further, even two doses of the RNA Moderna and Pfizer vaccines have proven to be not very effective, so the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) has recommended a third and even a fourth shot for some inside of a year. Yet government compliance numbers do not report how many have gotten the additional shots in order to qualify as, hopefully, well-protected.
Here's how the federal agencies break down:
- 14% of Agriculture Dept. employees have not gotten even one dose of Covid-19 vaccine, despite the mandate.
- More than 13% of the work force at the Social Security Administration and the Dept. of Veterans Affairs have not gotten a first dose.
- About 12% remain entirely unvaccinated at The Dept. of Interior.
- About one in ten employees, or 10%, haven't received a single Covid-19 vaccine at the Dept. of Justice, NASA, Office of Personnel Management, Small Business Administration, Dept. of Treasury, Dept. of Transportation, and Dept. of Energy.
- The most compliant group among the agencies is the US Agency for International Development (USAID) with 97.8% reporting getting at least one dose of Covid-19 vaccine.
Earlier this year, the CDC acknowledged that the "fully vaccinated" are still catching and spreading Covid-19, and sometimes ending up hospitalized or even dying of Covid. As a result, the agency reinstituted some masking recommendations that it was hoped wouldn't be necessary had the vaccines worked better and lasted longer.
Faced with hundreds of thousands of employees declining or refusing vaccination, the government has reportedly not begun mass terminations. Instead, it is responding by saying non-compliant employees will go through a process of "re-education."
The military is also struggling with vaccine refusers, despite orders to get vaccinated for Covid-19.
According to Pentagon numbers, approximately 394,000 troops still were not fully vaccinated at last report. Like the numbers released by the White House about the federal work force, the military is exaggerating the appearance of compliance by grouping together troops who have only gotten one of two or more shots with those who are "fully vaccinated."
There are numerous lawsuits and challenges of various aspects of vaccine mandates underway.
Read the full chart below about federal agency compliance below. Please note the "Agency-wide compliance percentage" includes those who have asked for exemptions. The next column, "Agency-wide vaccination percentage" counts those who are supposed to have two or three shots, but have only gotten one.
|Agency||Agency-wide compliance percentagei||Agency-wide vaccination percentageii|
|Agency for International Development||99.1%||97.8%|
|Department of Agriculture||95.6%||86.1%|
|Department of Commerceiii||99.4%||93.9%|
|Department of Defenseiv||96.1%||93.4%|
|Department of Education||98.2%||95.0%|
|Department of Energy||98.8%||91.0%|
|Department of Health and Human Servicesiii||98.8%||96.4%|
|Department of Homeland Securityv||95.1%||88.9%|
|Department of Housing and Urban Development||98.3%||92.7%|
|Department of the Interior||94.7%||88.3%|
|Department of Justice||97.4%||89.8%|
|Department of Labor||98.0%||93.3%|
|Department of State||97.4%||96.1%|
|Department of Transportation||99.6%||90.6%|
|Department of Treasury||98.3%||91.5%|
|Department of Veterans Affairs||98.0%||87.8%|
|Environmental Protection Agencyiii||95.3%||92.1%|
|General Services Administration||98.9%||92.9%|
|National Aeronautics and Space Administration||95.6%||90.7%|
|National Science Foundation||98.6%||96.2%|
|Nuclear Regulatory Commission||97.6%||92.4%|
|Office of Personnel Management||99.0%||90.7%|
|Small Business Administration||99.1%||90.0%|
|Social Security Administration||95.0%||87.7%|
- Covid-19 Natural Immunity: The Definitive Summary
- Covid-19 Vaccine: 80 of the Most Common Adverse Events
- Covid-19 Vaccine Concerns Summary
- Covid-19 Vaccine Analysis: Common Adverse Events
- Covid-19 Origins: Separating Rumor from Fact (WATCH)
- Report a Possible Vaccine Adverse Event
Read the chart and other information at the link below: