The following is an excerpt from Becker's Hospital Review.
A coalition of 12 states sued the federal government Nov. 15 to block a [Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services federal] mandate requiring COVID-19 vaccination for eligible staff at healthcare facilities participating in Medicare and Medicaid programs.
The 12 states, led by Montana, are arguing that the mandate is at odds with the Social Security Act's focus on providing access to patient care, according to the lawsuit.
The vaccination mandate "causes grave danger to the vulnerable persons whom Medicare and Medicaid were designed to protect — the poor, children, sick and the elderly — by forcing the termination of millions of essential 'healthcare heroes.'"States' lawsuit against federal Covid-19 vaccine mandate
- Covid-19 Natural Immunity: The Definitive Summary
- Covid-19 Vaccine: 80 of the Most Common Adverse Events
- Covid-19 Vaccine Concerns Summary
- Covid-19 Vaccine Analysis: Common Adverse Events
- Covid-19 Origins: Separating Rumor from Fact (WATCH)
- Report a Possible Vaccine Adverse Event