The following is an excerpt from Becker's Healthcare Review.
For the seventh consecutive year, Mayo Clinic earned the top spot in the U.S. News & World Report best hospitals rankings.
U.S. News released its rankings for 2022-23 on July 26.
For the 33rd annual ranking, U.S. News compared nearly 5,000 hospitals nationwide in 15 adult specialties as well as recognized hospitals by state, metropolitan and regional areas for their work in 20 more widely performed procedures and conditions.
Here are the top 20 hospitals named to U.S. News' 2022-23 Best Hospitals Honor Roll, including a tie:
1. Mayo Clinic (Rochester, Minn.)
2. Cedars-Sinai Medical Center (Los Angeles)
3. NYU Langone Hospitals (New York City)
4. Cleveland Clinic
5. Johns Hopkins Hospital (Baltimore) (tie)
5. UCLA Medical Center (Los Angeles) (tie)
See the remainder of the "Top 20" hospitals list here.