(POLL) Americans say they are overtaxed

As the annual tax-filing season approaches, most Americans are already convinced they’re paying too much.

That’s according to the Rasmussen Reports.

The survey finds that 51% say they believe they pay more than their fair share of taxes.

But that number is down from an all-time high of 62% last year.  

About 26% say they don’t think they pay more than their fair share.

Twenty-two percent (22%) say they are not sure.

President Joe Biden and the Democrat-controlled Congress imposed a long list of tax increases as part of the “Inflation Reduction Act” that took effect January 1.

The belief that the rich still aren’t paying their fair share of taxes remains prevalent among Americans.

Forty-four percent (44%) say they believe those who make twice as much as they do aren’t paying twice as much in taxes, which they seem to indicate would be fair.

About 30% say they believe those who earn twice as much are paying at least twice as much in taxes as they do, including eight percent (8%) who think they’re paying more than twice as much.

Twenty-seven percent (27%) say they’re not sure.

To see survey question wording, click here.

Visit The Sharyl Attkisson Store today

Shop Now

Unique gifts for independent thinkers

Proceeds benefit independent journalism

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

3 thoughts on “(POLL) Americans say they are overtaxed”

  1. the regular people, the working people, are overtaxed. But ask sir Paul McCartney what he pays in taxes as a rich person in the UK. Last I heard he pays 95% and when asked why he did not move to the US he said he could live quite well of the remaining 5%. When will we hear bill gates say that ? or Zuckerberg and the other stinking rich who pay no taxes. I think it was the last who even got 4000 bucks child exemption because the stocks went down.

    1. The “trick” rich people in the US use to substantially reduce their taxes, is to create a Foundation, which gives them a multitude of tax breaks.

      Did you think the Gates Foundation was created for altruistic reasons?

    2. Given that government (at all levels) wastes enormous amounts of money on unnecessary people’s salaries and costs, of course we are overtaxed. We could easily reduce the size of non-military) government personnel by 50% and demand productivity from the remaining. Stop encouraging foreign wars and redirect the cost of protecting other countries borders to our own. The list is nearly endless.

Scroll to Top