The following is an excerpt from Yahoo! News
Thousands of truckers have been driving to the Canadian capital since last Sunday in protest of the Covid-19 vaccine mandate for truckers.
Multiple convoys of truckers across Canada are headed to Ottawa with plans to converge at Parliament Hill for a rally on Saturday against vaccination requirements. The Freedom Convoy, the group that organized the protest, wrote on its GoFundMe page that it believes the government is "implementing rules and mandates that are destroying the foundation of our businesses, industries, and livelihoods."
As of Wednesday, The Freedom Convoy has raised more than $5.2 million Canadian dollars ($4.1 million US) and gathered over 67,000 donations. However, it was reported that an establishment fundraising platform froze the funds.
Canada's vaccine mandate for truckers was imposed on January 15. The new rules require US truckers to present proof of vaccination in order to cross the border, while Canadian truckers without a vaccine passport are required to quarantine and take a COVID-19 test when they reenter from the US. The US imposed a similar mandate on January 22.
I live in British Columbia, Canada where the western leg of this all started and just want to offer some clarity as the Freedom Convoy is not being accurately reported by the media. This is a statement from their FB page. Please help correct the media misinformation that is happening with regard to this amazing group of proud Canadians.
From a trucker.
Facts that the media is not sharing:
- The trucking convoy is NOT anti vaccination. It is anti government mandates. Many of us are vaccinated. We simply believe that every Canadian should be free to choose and face no discrimination or restrictions on their freedom due to their choice.
- The Canadian Trucking Alliance is a spineless private organization that does not speak for us.
- No more lockdowns. No forced vaccination (and yes, it IS force when you choose between a shot you don’t want and your ability to feed yourself.)
- Truckers will NOT block emergency vehicles at any point, ever, and will even assist any person in need at any point in the convoy or protest. Safety plans are in place. Drivers have been briefed and signed documents at their respective checkpoints.
- The money raised (now over $4,000,000) will be distributed following a a strict procedure. Drivers must register, check in with their respective road captains and submit receipts in order to be reimbursed. All remaining funds will be donated to a Veterans Association in Canada. There is a lawyer and accountant overseeing this.
- This could be the single largest protest in Canadian history. People who oppose government mandates are not the tiny group that the media has tried to make us believe. We are significant in numbers, growing by the day and we will not back down.
See you all on the flip side.
God bless everyone who is fighting for our freedom and our futures.
OK UEZS truckers? What do you say? Maybe your calling to ride to Washington is NOW!
Tom George says
I hope our truckers in the US follow you lead.
Fabulous!! God bless you all. May we all win the fit against tyranny.
It's inspiring to see Canadians standing up to regain their basic freedom of informed consent.
No one should mandate sticking anything into someone else's body.
Anti-mandate we stand together.
Stephen Triesch says
I see that some in the media are (predictably) beginning to smear the convoy as an expression of "white nationalism," "racism," and "Islamophobia."